With the start of the New Year we want to take this opportunity to say a heartfelt thank you to all of our guests, partners and fellow Belize enthusiasts! 2012 was a great year for Belize, highlighted by the end of the last Mayan long calendar in December. And it was a great year for Placencia and Chabil Mar, too.
We don’t want to boast, (Yes we do!) but we’re very proud that we’ve been able to provide you with the service, amenities and experiences that represent the very best of Belize as witnessed by our banner year of awards, recognitions and accolades:
- TripAdvisor Traveler’s Choice Award for Service – #1 in Placencia and #4 of the Top 25 Hotels for Service in Belize
- TripAdvisor Traveler’s Choice Award Best Small Hotels – #1 in Placencia and #6 of the Top 25 Small Hotels in Belize
And here are some from our favorite Belizean town – Placencia Village – A stroll along the beach from Chabil Mar, the closest full service resort in Placencia to the Village:
- TripAdvisor Traveler’s Choice Award – #16 of the Top 25 Destinations in Central America
- TripAdvisor Traveler’s Choice Award – #8 of the Top 10 Beach Destinations in Central America
- Tutti Frutti – Top rated restaurant in Placencia. Tasty gelato anyone?
A few other Chabil Mar accolades and recognitions:
- International Hotel Awards – Highly Commended Small Hotels of Belize
- Fox News – Best of Belize Eco Resorts
- Travel Age West – Best Belize Places to Stay
- US News and World Report – Best Belize Resorts
- Wheel of Fortune – Featured Belize Resort for three years running. They love us, Yes, they do!
Special recognition goes out to our General Manager, Reservations, Guest Services and Food and Beverage Services Staff and Managers – Synescio, Althea, Natalie, Bernard. A very loud applause to our Garden, Housekeeping and Maintenance Staffs and Managers – Alberto, Viviana, Solomon.
A very special Thank You to all of you for your wonderful reviews and referrals.